MRCOG – Membership of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) is a professional association based in London, United Kingdom.
The College’s primary object is given as “The encouragement of the study and the advancement of the science and practice of obstetrics and gynecology”.
The correct name for this certificate is membership of the Royal College, but it is well known in Egypt and the Arab countries as the fellowship.
What is the Fellowship?
Member of the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecology in England MRCOG, and there is an Irish Fellowship of MRCPI Obs & Gyna.
The importance of Fellowship:
- Qualifies you to work in England after obtaining an IELTS or OET certificate.
- The first part can only work in England for two years through the MTI program.
- It opens the way for you to work in England with more opportunities than the Egyptian degree.
- It can be equivalent in Egypt with a master’s degree without a thesis.
- One of the strongest certificates in the specialty and it has acceptance in many countries of the world.
- It helps you to gain more experience, skills, and knowledge, which makes you able to accurately diagnose and deal with the most accurate and difficult cases.