MRCPsych – Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
The Royal College of Psychiatrists is the main professional organization of psychiatrists in the UK and is responsible for representing psychiatrists, for psychological research and providing general information on mental health problems. The college advises those responsible for training and certifying psychiatrists in the UK. In addition to publishing many books and producing many magazines, the college produces information about mental health problems for the public.
The fellowship is awarded to a member who has made a significant and distinctive contribution to psychiatry as a mark of discrimination and recognition of contributions to psychiatry such as setting standards and promoting excellence in mental health care and leading, representing and supporting psychiatrists.
It is usually granted only after the candidate has occupied the membership for a period of no less than ten years. The process by which members of the college are awarded a fellowship is that they should be nominated, proposed, and seconded by two members of the college.
The British Fellowship is distinguished from others by the following:
- Qualifies you to work in England after obtaining an IELTS or OET certificate.
- It opens the way for you to work in England with stronger opportunities than the Egyptian certificate.
- A strong academic certificate, equivalent to the PhD and the Egyptian Masters.
- On the educational side, the teacher curriculum will gain you high experience and capabilities on the nature of the mental illness, and it will also positively affect your vision and awareness of psychiatry in general.
- It facilitates your travel procedures for the United Kingdom and the Gulf countries.
- It helps you to gain more experience, skills, and knowledge, which makes you able to accurately diagnose and deal with the most accurate and difficult cases.
The Royal College Fellowship is an international certificate and is considered one of the highest degrees in psychiatry in the world.