Applied medical statistics and basics of research for beginners
- Medical and pharmaceutical students.
- Physicians, pharmaceuticals, nurses, and healthcare professionals.
- No postgraduate training needed to be eligible to sit Part 1.
- Physicians willing to work in Western countries where research is a basic part of their jobs.
- Those interested in medical research with a related background.
This course is designed to cover the basic statistical techniques and basics of clinical research from an applied perspective. It focuses on the general statistical understanding ignoring the mathematical and sophisticated calculations. This course provides simplification of the theoretical statistical concepts and applications of the most common statistical tests using SPSS.
Applied Medical Statistics Course details:
- 15 lectures at the rate of 2 training Hours/Lecture.
- 2 Lectures / Week.
- 2 Quizzes & 3 assignments
- 1 Final Project
- 2 bonus free Udemy Courses (SPSS 26 for Beginners & Survival Analysis using SPSS).
By the end of this course, you should be:
- familiar with the statistical analysis part of most published papers
- can identify the appropriate study design of your research
- capable of writing a statistical analysis plan
- capable of doing the basic statistical tests using SPSS and interpret the output
- can understand and interpret different tables presented in the results of medical research
|5||Numeric data analysis
|6||Numeric data analysis
|7||Categorical data analysis
|12||Observational Study designs
|13||Randomized controlled trials (RCTs)
|14||Randomized controlled trials (RCTs)
|15||All into action and Final project|
- The course is available online
- All live sessions are recorded, so you can re-watch them automatically via the Internet. , but we prefer to review it within the week, discuss any questions with the instructors”.
About the instructor:
Dr. Mohamed Elsherif, an Egyptian physician specialized in medical statistics, public health, epidemiology, and healthcare management. He has over 7 years of experience in performing statistical analysis for medical and non-medical research. He did the statistical analysis for more than 250 different researches. Experienced in statistical analysis using SPSS, Stata, and R.
- Master of Public Health (MPH) from the American University of Beirut (AUB) with a concentration in epidemiology and biostatistics, 2020.
- Introduction to Clinical Research Training Certificate from Harvard Medical School, 2018.
- Egyptian Board in Healthcare Management from the Egyptian Ministry of Health and Population, 2011.
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), 2010
- Diploma of Total Quality Management for Healthcare Reform from the American University In Cairo (AUC).
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBCh) from Fayoum University, 2007.