FRCS 2 / ICO Clinical
FRCS (Glasgow) 2 – Fellowship of The Royal College of Surgeon
From October 2021, the assessment for the Part 2 examination will no longer be in two parts. The new format will consist of a single multiple-choice examination paper of 180 questions and for a duration of 2.5 hours.
A new qualification of MRCS (Ophth) (Glasg) is now available to candidates who:
• have passed the Part 2 Problem-Solving examination (pre-June 2021); or
• have passed the Part 2 MCQ examination (from June 2021).
ICO Clinical Exam – (International council of Ophthalmology)
The Exam format consists of a single multiple-choice examination paper of 200 questions and for a duration of 4 hours.
What are the eligibility criteria for the FRCS 2 / ICO clinical exam?
FRCS 2 Exam: To apply for the examination a candidate must have achieved the following, by the closing date for applications:
- A primary medical qualification.
- Pass Part 1 Exam, or possession of an exempting qualification (Like ICO Optics and Basic)
- A minimum of 6 years post-qualification experience, including at least 1 year in pre-registration training and 4.5 years in clinical Ophthalmology posts.
To sit the Examination you should Pass Basic and Optics Exams only.
Further information can be found in the eligibility instructions.
Dates, fees, and venues of Exams
The exam is available in March or April, and October.
FRCS 2 Exam Available Oline form Your Home, while ICO Exams available paper Exam and there is a lot of Venues all over the world.
How to apply
You can apply online through the Royal College website.
You must obtain the most recent information before taking any FRCS / ICO examination.