FRCS 3 Glasgow
FRCS 3 Glasgow – Fellowship of The Royal College of Surgeon
FRCS 3 Glasgow consists of two sections and candidates must sit both parts of this examination at each attempt.
a) Structured oral examination – consisting of 3 x 20-minute examinations covering the following
– Lids, Oculoplastics and Anterior Segment
– Posterior Segment and Glaucoma
– Neurology, Motility and General Medicine
Clinical examination – consisting of:
i) 4 x 12-minute stations covering the following subjects:
– Anterior Segment Disorders
– Posterior Segment Disorders
– Neuro-ophthalmic and Ocular Motility Disorders
– Oculoplastic and Lid Disorders
ii) 2 x candidate submitted videos, of maximum 5 minutes’ duration each, on the following
– Confrontation Visual Field Assessment
– Cranial Nerves Examination for Cranial Nerves 1 to 8.
Further details about the online exam can be found in Part 3 Online delivery.