Applied medical statistics and basics of research for beginners
Start:June 24, 2021 8:00 pm
End:June 24, 2021 10:00 pm
This course is designed to cover the basic statistical techniques and basics of clinical research from an applied perspective. It focuses on the general statistical understanding ignoring the mathematical and sophisticated calculations. This course provides simplification of the theoretical statistical concepts and applications of the most common statistical tests using SPSS.
By the end of this course, you should be:
- familiar with the statistical analysis part of most published papers
- can identify the appropriate study design of your research
- capable of writing a statistical analysis plan
- capable of doing the basic statistical tests using SPSS and interpret the output
- can understand and interpret different tables presented in the results of medical research
About The instructor
Dr. Mohamed Elsherif, an Egyptian physician specialized in medical statistics, public health, epidemiology, and healthcare management. He has over 7 years of experience in performing statistical analysis for medical and non-medical research. He did the statistical analysis for more than 250 different researches. Experienced in statistical analysis using SPSS, Stata, and R.
- Master of Public Health (MPH) from the American University of Beirut (AUB) with concentration in epidemiology and biostatistics, 2020.
- Introduction to Clinical Research Training Certificate from Harvard Medical School, 2018.
- Egyptian Board in Healthcare Management from the Egyptian Ministry of Health and Population, 2011.
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), 2010
- Diploma of Total Quality Management for Healthcare Reform from the American University In Cairo (AUC).
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBCh) from Fayoum University, 2007.
This is a Free Lecture Proveied from CoNNect Academy about “The statistical analysis journey, a real-life application example” Presented By Dr. Mohamed Elsherif
- Medical and pharmaceutical students.
- Physicians, pharmaceuticals, nurses, and healthcare professionals.
- Physicians willing to work in Western countries where research is a basic part of their jobs.
- Those interested in medical research with a related background.
– 15 lectures.
– 3 assignments.
– 2 Quizzes.
– 1 Final project.
– 2 bonus free Udemy Courses (SPSS 26 for Beginners & Survival Analysis using SPSS).
– The course is available online.
-The course will start in July.